Thank you for your interest in becoming part of the Artiszen Artist Database. It has always been our wish to start a database of artists that would keep track of things like local artist’s area of expertise, contact info, and availability. We want to be able to connect artists with our community, especially serving the youth. We have many organizations who have approached us about offering art classes to youth like home schooling groups, Omega Boys and Girls Club, and most recently Vallejo City Unified School District (VCUSD) Afterschool Program. This is the beginning phase of implementing the Artiszen Artist Database.
By creating this database we hope to:
- Connect artists with opportunities to teach art
- Bring Art Education to more youth in our communities
- Continue the important work of bringing art to Vallejoans
- Work with different organizations and educational systems
The purpose of the database will be to keep artists in the loop about:
- Art based teaching opportunities for youth and adults
- Community art projects (i.e., murals, public art projects, etc.)
- Calls for Art
- Volunteer Opportunities
What is the process?
- Fill out online form here
- Provide Artiszen with resume, teaching credentials, samples of your artwork, etc.
- Attend workshops on how to get vetted, create art curricula, build artist portfolio, etc.
- Artiszen notifies you if a suitable opportunity arises
- Artist keeps us updated with changes
By joining this database you are giving Artiszen the permission to contact you when art opportunities arise that match your preference, skill-set and availability. You further understand that joining this database does not guarantee employment, it is merely to notify you of art opportunities that may be of interest to you.
Artiszen Cultural Arts Center
If you would like more information send an email to email@example.com OR call us at 707-649-8984